PDA

View Full Version : Rewriting the NAU...

Radiulo
02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Is it possible to export the NAU... modify the text file and recompile it into BW7 thus overwriting the standard version of the NAU (Or any other version for that matter...) with a custom version?

My reason is that I like the NAU, but I would prefer a different translation in a few verses...

Taylor

Adelphos
02-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Is it possible to export the NAU...

Tools|Export Database

Radiulo
02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I got the export figured out... the main thrust of my question is....

Can you overwrite a 'standard' version in BW or do I need to create my own personal version (with a name other that NAU)...

T

Michael Hanel
02-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I got the export figured out... the main thrust of my question is....

Can you overwrite a 'standard' version in BW or do I need to create my own personal version (with a name other that NAU)...

T

It's all up to you. If you delete all the nau files in the "databases" subdirectory in BW, then you're "overwriting" the NAU there as long as you recompile your text as NAU.

Adelphos
02-26-2006, 11:06 PM

It's really up to you, but I think you're eventually going to be sorry if you overwrite the NAU. If you do, you'll no longer have it as a reference.

It would be easier to simply make your changes and save the TXT file under another name, such NRU, or what-have-you.

This way you'll always have reference to the NAU in case you need it for future reference.

Glenn Weaver
02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
I suggest renaming any text you compile using the Version Database Compiler. If you do a program update at a later time, you may end up overwriting your version with an updated standard version.

Glenn