PDA

View Full Version : Existing Folders in User Notes Directory?

Mark Cannon
02-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I've just started using the user notes feature since I've received Bibleworks 7. I figured I'd better add the notes directory to my online backup service. When I tracked down the notes folder I noticed that there are folders for many books of the Bible and Josephus. Are they there as examples or for some other reason? By default the notes are saved to the directory but not to the corresponding folder. Is there something I need to do to have notes save in a particular folder automatically or is it a matter of doing it manually through "Save As" in the editor buttons?

Joe Fleener
02-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I've just started using the user notes feature since I've received Bibleworks 7. I figured I'd better add the notes directory to my online backup service. When I tracked down the notes folder I noticed that there are folders for many books of the Bible and Josephus. Are they there as examples or for some other reason? By default the notes are saved to the directory but not to the corresponding folder. Is there something I need to do to have notes save in a particular folder automatically or is it a matter of doing it manually through "Save As" in the editor buttons?

If you have verse notes enabled (i.e. You have the check box for "Chapter" unchecked in the User Notes tab.) they should be saved to the folders automatically.

Chapter notes (i.e. You have the check box for "Chapter" checked in the User Notes tab.) are not. They are saved to the main Notes directory.

Mark Cannon
02-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh, thanks for the reply. I haven't started using the verse notes yet which is why the individual folders are empty.