PDA

View Full Version : Study guides not found

LarryW
02-22-2006, 12:44 AM
I just updated and yesterday I was able to access my Study Guides but today, after the update, when I click on a Study Guide I get a message that they're not installed. I've re-run the Modify per instructions but BW7 still can't find the Study Guides.

Any ideas on how to get them back?

Thanks,
Larry

terogs
02-22-2006, 05:56 AM
I'm having the same problem.

If I click on help and select Study Guides, the menu comes up with all its hyperlinks. If I then click on a hyperlink, I get an error message saying the study guide is not found.

If, on the other hand, I select Online Help Contents in the help menu and there select the hyperlink to the Study Guides I can get to the study guides. I can then scroll through the selected study guide or link to the video. But any of the other hyperlinks, i.e., those that send me to sections within the text of the guide, fail, giving me the same error message.

The update must have broken these links.

simonwarren
02-22-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone submitted a bug report? If not I can do this.

Adelphos
02-22-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone submitted a bug report? If not I can do this.

I also am having the same problem.

Here's a workaround until they fix it --

Go to the download manager and under "Options" select "Show Downloaded Patches"

When these appear in your window, select a previous version of BW and then "Apply Selected Patches"

This will take you back to the previous version and now you can once again access the videos.

LarryW
02-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Unfortuntely your suggestion didn't work. The only patches I see are a cummulative (v 'o"), some Help file patches and a CAB file patch. I tried each of them but BW is still reporting v 7.012o. Maybe because this was a new install?

In any event I'll use the other suggestion of going through the Help menu until they can get a fix out.

Thanks,
Larry

Adelphos
02-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Unfortuntely your suggestion didn't work. The only patches I see are a cummulative (v 'o")...

That means you never downloaded and applied an earlier patch. As you correctly surmised, this is because you just installed for the first time.

The only thing you can do now is to reinstall from the disc, but I wouldn't go to all that trouble if I were you, as I'm sure a fix will be forthcoming.

simonwarren
02-25-2006, 09:16 AM
I've just applied the 7.0.012q update and this has fixed the problem:)