PDA

View Full Version : Verse List

Adelphos
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Since the context layout has changed in 7.0, I would love to see two items of functionality added to the Verse History Window --

1. Sort, so that we don't have to manually sort the verses

2. Export, so that we could export the list to the search window

This would really add to the functionality of the context thing, I believe.

Philip Brown
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
As far as I can see the VLM has both of the options you're asking for.

:confused:

Adelphos
02-21-2006, 09:43 PM
As far as I can see the VLM has both of the options you're asking for.:confused:

How do you get the verses from the Verse History into the VLM?

Michael Hanel
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Do your search, open the Verse List Manager, Import -> Entire Search Window Verse List

Adelphos
02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Do your search, open the Verse List Manager, Import -> Entire Search Window Verse List

Yes, I know how to do that, but that is not what I'm talking about.

The VERSE HISTORY window -- the icon with the "v" -- incorporates verses as you move through them as long as you have the box checked.

Well, I uncheck that box until I go a verse I want it to remember. Then I check the box and add it to the list.

There is no way to do a search which would include all these different verses.

Therefore, it would be nice if the box had a SORT and an EXPORT function so that you could work only with those verses when you wanted to.

The only way around this right now is to go to the VLM and MANUALLY add every verse, which would take a very long time.

Adelphos
02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Okay, I've found a shorter work-around.

If I open the VLM I can Import From File.

All you have to do is select "All Files" instead of *.vls files, then go the INIT folder and open "bwverse.hst"

This will do the trick. Which is pretty nice.

However, I'd still like the other two options in the Verse History window, as it would save a couple of steps, especially when it is chaged alot.