PDA

View Full Version : Problem printing Flash Cards

swestfall
02-21-2006, 03:16 PM
I want to print double-sided flash cards using the default size in BW (version 6.0.012o), so in the Vocabulary Flashcard Module I'm using the File-->Print Flashcards selection to do this. I tell it to print the Front side, and after my ink jet printer prints all the sheets, I reinsert them in the printer and then tell BibleWorks to print the Back side. But I find that it's not printing the back side pages in the proper order. It's printing them in reverse order.

In order for this to work, BW should, for example, print the back of page one on the reverse side of the sheet that already has the front side of page one. But instead, BW is printing the back of the last page on the reverse side of the sheet that has the front side of page one!

If I print front sides for pages 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, and then reinsert the paper, it should then print the back sides for 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Instead, BW prints the back sides in this order: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The only way I would ever be able to get the backs properly matching the fronts would be to manually reverse the order of the pile of pages before reinserting it into the printer! You can imagine what a chore that would be if you had a lot of pages of cards to print.

What is the solution to this problem? Have I overlooked something? I know some Windows print spoolers used to have an option allowing you to reverse the order of the pages being printed in a document, but I don't see that in my print spooler window. (I have Windows XP, and the print spooler is from HP, for the HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One printer).

Steve Westfall