PDA

View Full Version : Versions in the Copy Center

ccozier
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I am forever changing the versions in the copy center....I think the default is the versions in the browse window. Is there a way to set the default versions in the Copy Center to a much smaller group (like BGT and NIV)? I guess I could change the display versions just before I copy, but that won't always work.

Thanks.

Mark Eddy
02-21-2006, 01:53 PM
I am forever changing the versions in the copy center....I think the default is the versions in the browse window. Is there a way to set the default versions in the Copy Center to a much smaller group (like BGT and NIV)? I guess I could change the display versions just before I copy, but that won't always work.

Thanks.
If you are in BW6, you could open a secondary results window with just BGT and NIV in it, then make that the active window before opening the copy center. If I remember correctly, that should give you your "smaller group" of versions.
If you are using BW7, you can set one of the tabs to have only BGT and NIV, and make that the active tab before opening the copy center.
In both these cases you would have to change the verse range, to make sure it agreed with your main window (or whatever verse range you wanted copied). So you always have to double check your copy center to make sure you're copying exactly what you want.
Mark Eddy

Philip Brown
02-21-2006, 10:35 PM

Thanks.

Another option is to save your "standard" set of versions. Any time you want that set you would type <o standard> where standard = your name for your set of versions.

Steps:
1. From CL set the versions you want to be your standard set
2. Go to Tools | Options | Version Order tab
3. Click Save to File
4. Save file name -- make it short and simple

MGVH
02-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I have had the exact same issue. Here is what I've done to get around it.
1) Go to Tools>Options>Versions tab and then Add a new Search and Display Favorites. Add the versions that you want and give it an easy name to remember.
2) While you are at it, go to the Version Order tab and line up the versions in the order you want.
OK out

Then, before I go to the copy center, just type
d displayname
in the command line (of course substituting the displayname you created).

After you are done with the copy center, just hit the back button (top right of left window) to get back to the way you were.