PDA

View Full Version : Esperanto Bible Add-on

Radiulo
02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have the Esperanto "La Sankta Biblio" for Bibleworks. Because it's a text file, the augmented characters are written using the x-convention (Esperantists will know what that means).

BTW: Can the special characters be loaded into BW7 via unicode?

Taylor (Radiulo)

Michael Hanel
02-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have the Esperanto "La Sankta Biblio" for Bibleworks. Because it's a text file, the augmented characters are written using the x-convention (Esperantists will know what that means).

BTW: Can the special characters be loaded into BW7 via unicode?

Taylor (Radiulo)

To my knowledge you would not be able to load the special character via Unicode because the Version Database Compiler does not (yet?) support that. I have made certain requests about the VDC to staff that it would be able to do a bit more than it currently does, so I think your best bet would be to email them, perhaps attaching your text file and see what kind of a response you get from them.

support@bibleworks.com

jdarlack
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Can the special characters be loaded into BW7 via unicode?I agree with Mike Hanel's comments above about contacting the BibleWorks staff. I am not familiar with Esparanto, but you may want to check the BWTransh, BWSymbol and BWLexa fonts to see if they have glyphs for all of the characters you would need. If they do, then you could compile the text with one of those fonts. Also, if you know of any non-unicode fonts that work for Esparanto that have glyphs only in the standard ASCII range, then you could use that font as well.