PDA

View Full Version : Analysis\Resource\Notes\Editor Functionality

Adelphos
02-19-2006, 10:52 PM
There are many phenomenal improvements in 7.0, but I would like to submit for consideration the following --

Matthew Henry's notes do not support the links in the Analysis Window as it does when you open it from the menu. If possible, I would like to see this implemented.

While the new notes/editor feature is absolutely outstanding, I think several improvements could be made --

1. Why is there no "paste" button on the button bar? I know you can right-click, but it seems odd to have a copy and cut button but yet no paste button.

2. As of now, the notes cannot be opened in a floating window as the editor can. I would either like to see this implemented, OR --

-- increase the functionality of the editor window so that notes can AUTOMATICALLY be loaded into it as in the notes window.

I've been waiting for an editor for a gazillion versions -- which is the primary reason I upgraded, although there are many other perks as well -- and now that the new and fantastic editor is here, I'd like to make full use of it, which the above suggestions, in my opinion, would be a big step in the right direction.

Congratulations on a truly incredible product.

Philip Brown
02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi, Scott,

Regarding your #2:
a. Notes can be opened in a floating window -- click on the "Save and Reopen Floating" toolbar button on the Notes tab editor toolbar.
b. The Notes tab and Editor tab make use of the exact same editing control. They are identical.

Hope that helps

Adelphos
02-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Notes can be opened in a floating window -- click on the "Save and Reopen Floating" toolbar button on the Notes tab editor toolbar.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but two things are true when you do that --

1. You must uncheck auto-load notes or you get an annoying message.

2. When you change verses the note doesn't change in the editor, thus, you are forced to redo the mouse clicks each time you change verses.

It would be nice if we could either make the note window itself a floating window, or have the option to auto-load the editor with notes.