PDA

View Full Version : Locking or going back in browse window

LarryW
02-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Pardon the basic question from this newbie....

In v7 I want to "lock" a reference in the Browse window. When I click on a word in the browse window a list of references comes up in the search window, which is good. However, when I click on a reference in the search window the browse window changes to that verse. That's ok, but how do I get back to the original verse I'm studying and the one I want to take notes on?

I'm sure in all the good tutorials there is one that answers this question so if anyone can point it to me I won't have to ask again.

Thanks,
Larry

Ben Spackman
02-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Double-clicking runs a search on that form. If you want to do that, but keep your primary one open, click on another tab (above the command line) before you double click on the word. That way your original tab will maintain the original scripture/note file, but the second tab will show all the results.

That's one way.

NumberMan™
02-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I think he might mean keeping the info up over a word?

In that case hold "shift" while over that word and the data will stay up in the info area rather then change as you pass over other words.

LarryW
02-18-2006, 07:14 PM
I think he might mean keeping the info up over a word?

In that case hold "shift" while over that word and the data will stay up in the info area rather then change as you pass over other words.

Actually Ben had an answer I found after posting. Is there any other way?

I know about the "shift" command, thanks.

Larry

Greg Ward
02-20-2006, 09:29 AM
I believe you can also use the Verse History window. I think its in the View menu.

Mark Eddy
02-20-2006, 10:59 AM
I believe you can also use the Verse History window. I think its in the View menu.
You can also set up your button bar to display a verse history button, so you can get back to a previous verse easily. There are also context arrows next to the tabs, so you can reverse your context arrows until you get back to the original verse. But Ben's suggestions is probably the best.
Mark Eddy