PDA

View Full Version : Installing BW Hebrew Keyboard

Eutychus
02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Has anyone tried this? I have not been able to locate Install BW Hebrew keyboard under Tools. I am trying to figure out if I am blind or stupid. :rolleyes:

Installing the Driver
The first thing you have to do is install the Windows Keyboard driver. To do this select Tools | Install BW Hebrew Keyboard. This will install the driver on your system. Please note that the driver requires Windows 2000 / Windows XP or later.

MBushell
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
The installer option was removed from the menu at the last moment but we forgot to remove it from the manual. The reason for the removal was that we didn't want to give the option too much visibility because the driver is difficult to uninstall. The driver is installed with a Microsoft built installation program that is not supported by Microsoft and only works marginally. But we left the drivers on the disk for people who want to try it.

If you want to install it follow these instructions, which will replace the quoted paragraph in the next manual update:

Installing the Keyboard Driver
The first thing you have to do is install the Windows Keyboard driver. To do this open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the "keyboards" subdirectory under the BibleWorks Directory. You will find there two keyboard driver installation programs: BWHeb.msi and BHebTiro(1.2).msi. The first is the BibleWorks Keyboard and the second is an Israeli keyboard provided by SBL. To install either keyboard just double click on the filename. Note that these keyboard are only useable in application that support Unicode (like the BibleWorks editor and Word 2003). The keyboards can only be installed under Windows XP.

wezlo
02-24-2006, 03:22 PM
To install either keyboard just double click on the filename. Note that these keyboard are only useable in application that support Unicode (like the BibleWorks editor and Word 2003). The keyboards can only be installed under Windows XP.

Did that, I get an alert box with hebrew in the message, and "try again" as one of the options. If I click "try again" the dialog comes up again, if I click "cancel" it is fine, but then I get told that the installation was interrupted.

Where should I drop the .dll files to manually install?

Doug Chaplin
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I tried this too, and can't get them to install. Same error messages as you. However, the keyboards still seem to be installed (but you need to look under Biblical Hebrew, not Hebrew in the keyboard lists

wezlo
02-25-2006, 12:16 AM
I tried this too, and can't get them to install. Same error messages as you. However, the keyboards still seem to be installed (but you need to look under Biblical Hebrew, not Hebrew in the keyboard lists
They're installed where that list is generated from but unusable, the files aren't totally in-place. Where should those .dll files go? That would solve the problem...

Doug Chaplin
02-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Until Bibleworks produces a fix, the Tiro distribution including documentation is available from http://www.sbl-site.org/Resources/default.aspx with the link at the bootom of the page