PDA

View Full Version : BW7 Different splash screen

jfidel
02-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I keep getting different splash screens upon opening BW 7. One is high resolution the other is not. I have not changed any resolutions, but have recently upgraded.

Is there a reason this is changing? Not a big deal, but a curiousity.

John Fidel

Joe Fleener
02-15-2006, 12:20 PM
I keep getting different splash screens upon opening BW 7. One is high resolution the other is not. I have not changed any resolutions, but have recently upgraded.

Is there a reason this is changing? Not a big deal, but a curiousity.

John Fidel

There are, I think, 4 different screens! My favorite is the morning with the cup of coffee! Although the late night/very early morning one is pretty cool too.

Mark Eddy
02-15-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't know about different resolutions for the splash screens, but there are three different splash screens when you open BW7. The one with a cup of dark liquid (someone says it's Dr. Pepper) shows up before 9:00 a.m. local time. The others show up when you open BW later in the day.
Mark Eddy

jfidel
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Very interesting. Now I know the answer.

Thanks,

John Fidel

leburges
04-05-2008, 06:38 PM
What is on my splash screen? I opened BW7 at 6PM, and after four or five times closing and reopening in an attempt to identify the background decided to take a screen shot. I still can't figure it out.

Harold6
04-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I was told that these are some sort of "potato tarts." This screen only shows up for about 10 minutes: from 6:00 pm to 6:10 pm every day. The "morning coffee" screen is from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. The late night screen is from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. After the other screen is active from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm except for the 10 minutes at 6:00 pm

Dale A. Brueggemann
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I saw the same thing the other day, it looks like they're the fastfood item called "tater tots." I guess it's in addition to the morning coffee if you load up earlier enough in the morning.

David Kummerow
04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
In Australia we call them "potato gems".

MTan
04-22-2008, 02:21 PM
They're quite greasy and taste great with ketchup and salt.

Adelphos
04-23-2008, 12:34 AM
They're quite greasy and taste great with ketchup and salt.

Actually, I don't find them greasy, but then I microwave mine. I set the timer for seven minutes and put a small plate-full of the potatoes in the center of the microwave. While they're microwaving, I fry up bacon and eggs. Then I put it all together on a plate -- potatoes, bacon, eggs -- and then do a number of cross-cuts with my knife and fork, mixing them all thoroughly together.

Then I chow down.

'Course, I have to unhook one of my microwaves from my Commodore 64 in order to cook the potatoes, so I can't use my computer while I'm cooking, but it's worth it! :cool:

Glenn Weaver
04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
We thought about coming out with a Commodore 64 version of BibleWorks instead of the BiSKiT, but we couldn't do both of them. Perhaps next year we can work on the Commodore 64 version. Then you won't want to unplug your computer to cook tater tots. :-)

Adelphos
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
We thought about coming out with a Commodore 64 version of BibleWorks instead of the BiSKiT, but we couldn't do both of them. Perhaps next year we can work on the Commodore 64 version. Then you won't want to unplug your computer to cook tater tots. :-)

That's why I got the microwaves hooked up to my C64. After I channel them through my RAM-O-RATOR, they provide enough power and memory for me to run BW on my C64.

'Course, I also have a couple of blenders and other tools assisting as support generators, and a few collateral attachments as well, such as an electric toothbrush to power the mouse, and so forth and so on.

The real trick, however, is to channel the microwaves properly. That's where the RAM-O-RATOR comes in, which I got off eBay. I think it was made by the same people who sold Jeeb the neuralizer. :cool:

Tony Rich
04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
What is on my splash screen? I opened BW7 at 6PM, and after four or five times closing and reopening in an attempt to identify the background decided to take a screen shot. I still can't figure it out.
In England we call them potato croquettes...