PDA

View Full Version : Interface question, BW6/7

Columcille
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm currently using Bibleworks 6, but 7 is on its way to me, so you can respond for either version.

Two things I've been looking for:
1. A control key sequence that will jump me directly to the command line, rather than having to click on it? If I'm using Bibleworks while taking notes for a class, I would prefer to interact with it through the keyboard. The only thing I need to know to do that is how to move to the command line through some shortcut.

2. Is there a way to clear search results? I can be sort of OCD, and when I've found something I'm looking for, I prefer not to have the text highlighted.

Thanks!

Michael Hanel
02-11-2006, 05:01 PM
2. Is there a way to clear search results? I can be sort of OCD, and when I've found something I'm looking for, I prefer not to have the text highlighted.

Thanks!

Can't recall in 6 what the quick way is (if there is one). But in 7, if you search for something, just right click in the browse menu and the context menu pops up with an option Clear Hit Highlighting. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom.

Michael Hanel
02-11-2006, 05:05 PM
1. A control key sequence that will jump me directly to the command line, rather than having to click on it? If I'm using Bibleworks while taking notes for a class, I would prefer to interact with it through the keyboard. The only thing I need to know to do that is how to move to the command line through some shortcut.

F2 or Esc should both jump to the command line. Again, I'm speaking for BW7, not sure if both or either of these work for 6, but they prob do....

djnordlund
02-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm currently using Bibleworks 6, but 7 is on its way to me, so you can respond for either version.

Thanks!

As suggested by Michael Hanel, <esc> or <F2> will take you to the command line in BW6. As to clearing hit-highlighting, I don't know of a control key sequence, but right-clicking on the command line brings up a context menu that contains an option to clear hit-highlighting.

Hope this is helpful,

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-13-2006, 06:51 AM
<esc> takes you to the command line; <esc> a second time clears it and leaves your cursor in a blank command line.

Columcille
02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Very nice. Thanks.