PDA

View Full Version : Losing version display order

calvary
02-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Greetings,

Has anyone encountered losing your version order when using the Parallel BHS/LXX? When I click on a verse in the BHS/LXX my browse window switches to a single version and I don't know how to get my version order back. Does this make sense? I use to press the forward or back arrows on the button bar , but I don't see those on the new bar.

I am having a blast, though, with 7 so far.:D

Thanks and blessings,

David Spear

Michael Hanel
02-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I have sometimes encountered this too. All we need to do is find out what specifically causes it, that way the programmers can fix it. So if you can list exact steps to reduplicate the problem, email the BW staff, and they'll put it on the list to getting it fixed because I'm guessing this is not the way it's supposed to work.

On version orders in general have you saved your versions? That makes it much simpler to get back. Do this through Tools: Options: Versions and then Add favorites. For instance I have BGT, ESV, NET, NIV on a favorite I call NewT. And WTT, BGT, ESV, APB, NET, NIV on a favorite i call OldT. Then do toggle back and forth in the command line you can type in "d oldt" or "d newt".

Mark Eddy
02-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't think you're losing your version order at all. It sounds to me as if you're switching between "multiple versions mode" and "browse mode" in the browse window (formerly called "results window"). To get your multiple versions back just click on the "two shoes" icon next to the version abbrviation at the top of the browse window.
Mark Eddy

Ben Spackman
02-12-2006, 12:49 AM
With 7, you can save different version orders in a file, and choose which one you want in the command line.
My normal arrangement is called "normal" and I set it by typing o normal in the command line.
The save box is just at the bottom of the option/version order setup.

calvary
02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Thank you gentlemen for your feedback. I love this forum. Yes, I am aware of the save feature for my versions. I did do that, but when I went to restore them it didn't work: user error I'm sure. I'll figure that one out.

I was also aware of the "two shoes" icon which I did try-- but that didn't bring them back. This definitely wasn't a switching between multiple versions mode and browse mode situation. I'm pretty familiar with that.

I'll duplicate it again and email the staff. Again, thinks for your responses.

Blessings,
David

Joe Fleener
02-13-2006, 05:19 AM
The version display order is getting lost for now. So far they have been unable to figure it out, it is a bit tricky. I know some that are not seeing this at all.

One option, if you have not already done this:

1. View - Version Display Order
2. Set your order in this window
3. Click "Save to File"
4. Name the file - I have one named "Standard," you can have as many as you want.

5. Now anytime you loose your order all you have to do is type: {o standard} - without the braces - if you have a display order named standard on the command line and your display order will be reset.

Hope that helps for now...