PDA

View Full Version : Word Count feature in BW7 editor?

pdwinva
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Those of you who have already received your BW7, is there a Word Count feature in the revamped editor? I'm trying to anticipate how the new editor might make a difference in how I go about document prep.

Mark Eddy
02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
There are a lot of buttons for functions in the BW7 editor window, but Word Count isn't one of them. The Only word counts mentioned in Help are counting the number of hits or words in a search. I guess you'll have to copy the text to some other word processor to get a word count.
Mark Eddy

Ben Spackman
02-10-2006, 12:07 AM
The status bar at the bottom of the editor does show you how many characters and lines you've typed.

Mark Eddy
02-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't have a status bar at the bottom of the BW7 editor on my computer. How did you get one? I see only the satus bar for BW in general, and there is no option to add character count, at least not that I have found.
Mark Eddy

Michael Hanel
02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
If you have the Editor open in its own window (File : Open Editor) go to the View Menu, it's an option there. Status bar on or off. Otherwise Right Click in the editor window and it's through the View option on the context menu there.