PDA

View Full Version : NLT db corruption?

Kokkee
02-06-2006, 10:12 AM
The version of BW I am currently on is 6.0.012o.
I noticed that the NLT text of Luke 11:41 has changed when I checked it with a print-out I made several months ago from an earlier version. The "new version" reads as follows:

NLT Luke 11:41 So clean the inside by giving gifts to the poor, and you will be clean all over.

I went over to the official NLT website which retains the "older version":

41So give to the needy what you greedily possess, and you will be clean all over.

What happened? Has the BW database been corrupted?

Michael Hanel
02-06-2006, 10:35 AM
The version of BW I am currently on is 6.0.012o.
I noticed that the NLT text of Luke 11:41 has changed when I checked it with a print-out I made several months ago from an earlier version. The "new version" reads as follows:

NLT Luke 11:41 So clean the inside by giving gifts to the poor, and you will be clean all over.

I went over to the official NLT website which retains the "older version":

41So give to the needy what you greedily possess, and you will be clean all over.

What happened? Has the BW database been corrupted?

Perhaps see this thread (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640). NLT evidently requested that BW keep only the new version. If you post a request, perhaps someone can email you the old version of NLT and you can recompile it. Otherwise, restore it from your BW6 CD.

Mike Bushell's quote on the matter below:

We would have preferred to keep both, like the NAS and NAU, but the publisher wants the old one to disappear. My first impression is that the new translation is much better than the old, more literal. But it is interesting to use the BW compare utility to check out the differences.

Kokkee
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks. I don't know how I missed the update notification <feeling embarrassed>. It's curious that they haven't updated their online database yet.