PDA

View Full Version : Donwloading CDs and Add-ons

Ruben Gomez
02-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi there,

Now that broadband connections are relatively frequent in Western countries, I wonder if BibleWorks has thought about the possibility of offering their CD-ROMs and other modules as downloadable ISOs. I kind of feel that some users would welcome the idea of downloading stuff (I know I would!). Besides, the need to pay for shipping, handling, custom fees, etc. would disappear altogether. It might even be better for BibleWorks too.

Any thoughts?

Rubén Gómez

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-01-2006, 12:53 PM
But it is nice to get a professionally printed and bound manual with any complex program.

arggem
02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
But it is nice to get a professionally printed and bound manual with any complex program.I certainly agree with that. Although the online help is great, a manual is nice too.

However...

I live in Argentina, and depend on people coming down from the States to bring me packages etc. So, if I order BW7, it might be several weeks to several months before someone comes down and can bring it.

Therefore...

How about an option to download it right away, and have the cd and manual sent later? I'd even pay a few pesos more to be able to download it right away (but I'd gladly download it for free, too!)

That way, I could start enjoying it right away, and, as a user since 3.5 I suspect I could figure a lot of it out (plus I'd still have the forum and online help files).

One wouldn't have to d/l the bazillion MB of data, maybe just the program and selected databases...without the video files etc.

Bottom line...I'd like to see some sort of downloading option. It would make it easier for me to get BW7 and start playing...I mean working sooner.

Michael Hanel
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
This would obviously be something you'd have to talk to the BW staff about via their emails rather than the forums. I do not know the logistics, but it could be a bandwidth issue. I don't know. I bet if you email them and you have special issues (like living in Argentina) something can be worked out. But you'd have to find that out by emailing them and see what can be arranged.

arggem
02-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I just might do that! Either that or get a keyboard protector. The drool really gums up the works!