PDA

View Full Version : problem with switching to books within a version

MattCL
01-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I am having a new problem with Bibleworks 6. I had it installed on a previous computer and did not have the problem, but since installing it on my new computer, the problem has arisen.
For any given version, when I attempt to enter a book of the Bible abbreviation in the power user command line, I am given the message, "there is no reference in the current search version: ____." The blank signifying any given book of the Bible. This occurs for every version and any book. I don't have any search limits on. Can someone explain the problem to me?

Michael Hanel
01-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Can you maybe post a picture (screen shot) or explain a little bit more about this?

Dale A. Brueggemann
01-16-2006, 07:49 AM
For any given version, when I attempt to enter a book of the Bible abbreviation in the power user command line, I am given the message, "there is no reference in the current search version: ____."

It sounds like you may have edited your search abbreviations on your earlier install, and are using them now in the new install without editing your list to include them. To include the book abbreviations that you regularly use go to Tools/Options/Book Names and add the abbreviations that you regularly use.