PDA

View Full Version : Sermon Desktop

cfgattis
12-27-2005, 11:31 AM
I like to use the desktop without the editor since it always seems to small to be useful. I have a wide screen laptop, and have BW set to open only using the right half of the screen. WS Word is set to open on the right side and I can easily see most of a page when I am working on a sermon. It's like having several research tools at my disposal all at the same time. If I want to open a BW editor page, I simply open it on top of MSWord. The floating editors seem so much more helpful. I made a picture of the desktop but couldn't figure out how to place it in this message.

oldavid1
09-29-2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the nice idea, although I don't have BW 7

Greg Ward
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I like to be able to see if I have Verse Notes associated with a given verse as I read various passages. The only way I know to do this is through the main analysis window, User Notes tab with Autoload.

I also like the cross references in TSK, but these also only appear in the primary Word Analysis window (not secondary as I have on the top right). Thus I opened the TSK window and place it in the bottom left.

Everday I open a secondary Word Analysis, a secondary Resource Summary, and a RWP window (if working in the NT).

When I write sermons, I use either the BW editor or MS Word to the right side as above, or on extended desktop monitor attached to my laptop.

The following is my typical study screen on a 15.4" laptop screen. Lexicon and Diagram windows come and go during my study.

Reader, how does your BW7 screen look?

MGVH
02-20-2008, 12:47 AM
I've asked in the past for it to be made more obvious, but in case you had not noticed, you can see when you have user notes for a chapter/verse even if the note window is not visible.
As on your screen shot (and assuming you have notes autoloaded), look at the "User Notes" tab. Next to "User Notes" there will appear a "c" if you have chapter notes, a "v" if you have a verse note, and a "cv" if you have both. It will be blank if there are no notes.

Greg Ward
02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Whenever I saw the "v" on User Notes tab, I assumed it meant "verse notes" mode was turned on. Since I don't use chapter notes, I never observed that sometimes it was there and sometimes it was missing. Thanks for the tip.