PDA

View Full Version : Automatic floating window for Bible references

puritanfan
12-08-2005, 02:25 AM
I have E-sword and Libronix in mind when I ask whether Bibleworks has the function to allow hovering the cursor over a hyperlinked Bible reference (say in BDAG) causing a bubble of that verse to immediately appear (cf. the cursor over a Greek/Hebrew word prompting the parse bubble to immediately to appear).

Mark Eddy
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
BibleWorks does better than that. The floating bubbles disappear, if you happen to jiggle the mouse. In BW you can get this information in the "auto-info" window in the method you suggest: just place your cursor over a word in Greek or Hebrew, and parsing and lexical information will appear in the auto-info window. If you hold down the shift key, you can move the cursor into the auto-info window (without it's changing) and then scroll through all the information there. You can change the default lexicon in your auto-info window or even have all your installed Greek lexicons display in it, one below the other.
This way you can see your original verse(s) from the Bible, check out various translations of it, and see the lexicons all at the same time.
Alternatively you can right click on a Hebrew or Greek word and open a separate lexicon window that will not change if the cursor happens to stray over a new word in your results window.
The way BW allows you to view this information is so much better than the way the other guys do it. But, if enough people demand the other way, BW programmers usually find a way to help you do Bible study the way you want.
God bless you.
Mark Eddy

puritanfan
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the parsing bubble in BW. Is there a way to make a Bible bubble for all those hyperlinked Bible references in say BDAG?

Mark Eddy
12-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the parsing bubble in BW. Is there a way to make a Bible bubble for all those hyperlinked Bible references in say BDAG?
Instead of a buble window in BW 6 you left click on the hyperlinked Bible reference in the BDAG lexicon, and a secondary results window opens up to that verse. This window can be moved and resized, but then stays open. So you can left click on another hyperlinked reference in BDAG, and that verse now appears in your secondary results window. This way you can keep your original verse open in the main window plus look up other references in BDAG and compare them.
Hope this is what you're looking for.
Mark Eddy