PDA

View Full Version : Typing in Hebrew

calebteeters
11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
I am using Microsoft Word to type an exegetical research paper over certain Hebrew texts. I need to be able to type single letters as well as words and phrases in Hebrew in my word document, but the only way I have found to do this is to go through several time consuming steps in order to copy and paste the letters or words, etc. Is there any other simpler, faster way to do this? Please share any information you may know on this subject.

Thanks,
Caleb

Mark Eddy
11-11-2005, 11:16 AM
If you have BibleWorks installed on your computer, you also have the BibleWorks Hebrew fonts installed in Windows. Therefore MS Word can write in the bwhebb or bwhebl fonts. Just go to your fonts and select either of these fonts (be sure to make the font size bigger, suggested 18-point), and you can type whatever you want in Hebrew. When you're done typing Hebrew just go back to the font list, chose your English font and point-size, and continue typing English.
If you want to paste in longer segments, with BibleWorks open in the background you can type "Cntr-shift-B" and a small Popup Copy Window will appear on your screen in front of MS Word. Type in the abbreviation of the verse you want, make sure "version" is WTT, and hit the "copy" button, and the chosen verse(s) will appear in your MSWord document at the point of the cursor.
I hope these help you get your papers done well.
Mark Eddy