PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew Word Macro Question

Larry
10-29-2005, 02:52 PM
When I return to English after using the Hebrew in English, it returns to Times New Roman 10 point, rather than 12 point (the normal style). Is there a way to make it go back to 12 point rather than 10?

Thanks,
Larry

rheller
11-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Larry,

The same thing happens to me. I suspect that it is a MSWord problem, not a BW problem....but I don't have a solution, or even a suggestion.

Anybody else have more light and truth for this?

Roy L. Heller
Perkins School of Theology
Southern Methodist Univeristy

Dale A. Brueggemann
11-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Is there a way to make it go back to 12 point rather than 10?

Yes, use a macro to change your fonts: I use F6 for changing to Greek, F7 for changing to Hebrew, and F8 for changing back to Normal.

F6 > Greek: Record a macro that applies the following to your selected text: (1) formats it "Normal" (i.e., Shft-Ctrl-Z), selects Greek font, turns off smart quotes so that doesn't interfer with typing in Greek, and says don't spell-check the selected text so you don't have a bunch of red-underlined Greek text.
F7 > Hebrew: Same thing except for Hebrew font choice.
F8 > Normal: Record a macro that formats the selected text "Normal" (i.e., shft-ctrl-z), turns smart quotes back on, and turns spell check back on.

Larry
11-15-2005, 05:08 PM
I was just trying the macro idea, but have never tried it before and can't figure out how to make it work. Is there someplace that gives step by step instructions about this?