View Full Version : Bible Book Concordance
10-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I am a new BW6 User, attended training today. I am interested in producing a lexicon of any book of the bible that lists all the Greek or Hebrew words, in appropriate language alphabetical order, for that individual book and with each lemma, lists all of the forms in that book, along with the reference for that lemma and form .... whew!
Anyone have an idea of how to do this either easily or even with difficulty.
10-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Here are the steps for you to get your lexicon:
1. Go to tool/word list manager
2. In the word list manager select your Bible Text ie BGM; select load words from a Bible version; enter the book you want to create the lexicon from ie Jude and select keep Greek and Hebrew vowel points. Create the list.
3. From the word list menu go to select/select all.
4. From the word list menu go to file/make lexicon
5. Select the lexicon you want to use as your base ie BDAG and then click on OK.
6. Close the word list.
In your editor you now have your lexicon for Jude.
I hope this helps get you started.
11-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Wow! What an awesome tip. I can't believe I never saw that feature. Thank you much.
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM
BW has some incredible features and this is a good forum for asking questions as they arise.
I attend Calvary Chapel Albuquerque. Skip Heitzig was my pastor for around 20 years.
11-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.