PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Many Errors in Tischendorf

wie
10-23-2005, 03:34 AM
I just noted that the Bible TEXT of the Tischendorf apparatus in BW is full of errors. You just cannot work with it.
I think it might be the best idea to just replace it with the TIS text we already have in BW, which is much better (comes originally from Robinson). You just cannot work with Tischendorf this way.
I noted this yesterday and can do everything anew from the original. Aarrrrgh! :mad:

I have no idea how this could happen. Just some errors:

Mt 7:14
TI must be OTI

Mt 8:18
OXLOUS must be: POLLOUS OXLOUS

Mt 9:18
EIS ELQWN must be one word EISELQWN

Mt 10:23
EWS AN ELQH
must be:
EWS ELQH

Mt 13:1
THS OIKIAS
must be:
EK THS OIKIAS

Mt 15:5
H MHTERA AUTOU

Must be:
H THN MHTERA AUTOU

Mt 20:10
KAI ELQONTES
must be:
ELQONTES DE

Mt 21:18
EPANAGWN
must be:
EPANAGAGWN

Mt 22:39
DEUTERA DE
must be:
DEUTERA

Mt 23:23
AFIENAI must be AFEINAI

Mt 27:64
OI MAQHTAI AUTOU
must be:
OI MAQHTAI

Mk 1:40
KAI GONUPETWN KAI LEGWN
must be:
KAI GONUPETWN LEGWN

Mk 3:32
AI ADELFAI SOU
Must be:
KAI AI ADELFAI SOU

Mk 6:22
O BASILEUS EIPEN
Must be:
O DE BASILEUS EIPEN

Lk 8:45
OI MET AUTOU
Must be:
KAI OI MET AUTOU

Lk 20:1
ARCIEREIS must be IEREIS

MTan
10-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi Wieland!

We'll look are your typo reports and scan over the entire text to find other problem. FYI, it would be best to post typo reports to the official support address, as we may not see posts in the forums for a long time (the forums are designed for user-to-user interaction).

Thanks!
Michael

wie
10-27-2005, 03:25 AM
After a while I just gave up noting the errors. There are too many. I don't know why this is so. Perhaps he used a different version and only corrected it half-heartedly?
I would suggest to use the BW Tischendorf text TIS instead, which is much better than the apparatus text. Simply correcting the errors I noted will not suffice.

MTan
11-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks. We'e overhauling the entire text, diffing it against TIS and checking it against the printed edition.

arggem
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Mike, Mike, Charlie et al.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

íViva BibleWorks!

MTan
11-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Clint Yale deserves the credit for the work on Tischendorf. He is the one who has done 99.99% of the work on the BW version of Tischendorf. We've just written software tools to check and format it.