PDA

View Full Version : BW's Potential for Statistical Analysis

RickInMaine
10-13-2005, 08:50 AM
I have not yet purchased BW, but have decided that it is the product I will purchase provided that I can accomplish the following objective(s):

I want to be able to determine sentence lengths for selected texts in the GNT. Moreover, as part of that same project I need to be able to identify the morphological parsing of each word in each sentence, by position. Ultimately I hope to be able to do two things:

Apply a statistical procedure to the BW output in order to analyze sentence size within and among selected text groups.
Identify sentence structure patterns that may (or may not) exist with these same text groups.
My impression is, judging from what I presume to be some pretty powerful command line capabilities in the program, that this is not an impossible task. Before, however, I “take the leap” I’d appreciate some input about whether I am barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks.

Michael Hanel
10-13-2005, 09:06 AM
You can buy BibleWorks and give it a try for 3 mos. If it doesn't do what you want, you can return it for your full money back. I'm pretty sure in 3mos. you'd be able to tell personally if it can do what it is you want it to.

90-day Return GuaranteeIf you purchase BibleWorks and decide that it is not sufficient to fulfill your Bible research and study needs, we’ll give you a full refund less shipping. Simply return the product with a letter explaining why it failed to meet your requirements. Feel free to contact us in person or by email. The BibleWorks development team wants to make BibleWorks the best Bible research tool possible.