PDA

View Full Version : .iel files to .vrc files

KidZero
10-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Hello,

I am trying to create my own flash cards from an .iel file. I have the words I would like to turn into flash cards but I cannot put them into the module, seeing as how the flash card module uses .vrc files.

How do I save an .iel file as a .vrc file? Or is there another way to do this?

Thank you,
Eric Biggs

Michael Hanel
10-08-2005, 04:20 PM
help me out about, what is .iel from? When I've done flashcards I save them from Excel without formatting options and then BW was able to take and compile it from there using the import function.

this is from BW Help

Creating Flashcard Sets from Scratch

If you want to create a completely new flashcard set from scratch, you need to create a table of information describing the card set in an external editor . The file should be saved with a .VRT extension. Then you select File | Import File to import the text file and create a new compiled card set. An easy way to get started is to select File | Export File to export a currently loaded card set. It will be saved with a .VRT extension but you can load it into any text editor. In fact it is mostly a tab-delimited list and loads very nicely into Excel or another spreadsheet. A spreadsheet is an ideal way to create vocabulary lists. The first portion of a card file might look like this in a spreadsheet. Note that when you import the list from BibleWorks the first two columns would be in English. You would just need to select those columns and change the font to BWGRKL.

KidZero
10-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Michael,

I was trying to take a list of words form the Word List Manager, which is an .iel file and put them into the Vocabulary Module. This didn't work, because vocabulary is on a .vrc/.vrt file. That's why I was wanting to change the files.

Your help was greatly appreciated.

I did try the Help menu on BW, but I guess I was searching incorrectly....I'm really not sure because what you posted I hadn't found. After your post I did find it in the Manual.

Anyway, thanks for your time.