PDA

View Full Version : Help me on a search question

dbielby
10-08-2005, 02:10 PM
I would like to do a modified lemma search. For example...all occurances of a word that use any type of middle/passive form-whether it is an imperative, indicative, plural, singular, future...or whatever other variable...

How can I do that easily?

Ben Spackman
10-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Select GNM as your search version.

.@v??{mpedon}*

(You're sometimes prevented from typing ? in the search box. When that happens, hit esc. and then ? )

It may be redundant, but this will find every middle, passive, middle or passive, middle deponent, passive deponen and middle/passive deponent.

dbielby
10-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Thank you Ben. Ok what search mode do I use...the advanced search engine? and how do I get the verb lemma I want to search narrowed down?

Select GNM as your search version.

.@v??{mpedon}*

(You're sometimes prevented from typing ? in the search box. When that happens, hit esc. and then ? )

It may be redundant, but this will find every middle, passive, middle or passive, middle deponent, passive deponen and middle/passive deponent.

dbielby
10-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Ok...I think I figured it out. I looked up the word I wanted and clicked on it. Then I appended it to the command line. Then I added the code you gave onto the word. Then I went into the ASE and did a simple search for it and voila I had the hits..which seemed to be correct!

So thank you so very much!

David