PDA

View Full Version : Two lexicons in brower?

jakemccarty
10-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Is there any way to include two lexicons, specifically BDB and HALOT, in the auto info, together? I constantly have to switch back and forth because each lexicon has such a different orientation (root vs. alph.)--and I don't like that!

Thanks

Mark Eddy
10-07-2005, 10:50 AM
At present this is not possible for the Hebrew lexicons, though you can view all the Greek lexicons in the auto-info window simultaneously.
What I do to work around this is to have BDB active in the auto-info window and then open the Lexicon Browser window with HALOT as the active version. To open the lexicon browser you can right click on a word in WTT and choose "send verse to lexicon browser" and then click on whichever word at the left of the browser you want to investigate. The lexicon bowser can be resized to put it in a convenient place on your screen. It's not quite as convenient as the auto-info window, but it works.
Alternatively you can click on "Lexical and Grammatical Help" under the "Resources" tab, and put the cursor over a word in WTT, and you'll see every relevant entry in the lexicons and grammars that you have available/unlocked in BibleWorks. After you put the cursor over the word you want to investigate, hit the "shift" key (to freeze the Lexical and Grammatical Help" window), and then click on whichever entry in that window you want to look up.
I think this will help you find the information you're seeking.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy

Dale A. Brueggemann
10-07-2005, 11:10 AM
What I do to work around this is to have BDB active in the auto-info window and then open the Lexicon Browser window with HALOT as the active version.... Alternatively you can click on "Lexical and Grammatical Help" under the "Resources" tab, and put the cursor over a word in WTT, and you'll see every relevant entry in the lexicons and grammars that you have available/unlocked in BibleWorks.

Thanks for putting us on to these two methods! I can't believe I hadn't hit on them for checking HALOT, BDB, and TWOT--but I hadn't. It's definitely my "tip of the week" or even of the "month".

dmiller
10-12-2005, 04:52 PM
[quote=Mark Eddy]At present this is not possible for the Hebrew lexicons, though you can view all the Greek lexicons in the auto-info window simultaneously.

Can you explain how this is done? I haven't figured out how to display more than one Greek lexicon in the auto-info window simultaneously.

David

arggem
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Can you explain how this is done? I haven't figured out how to display more than one Greek lexicon in the auto-info window simultaneously.

DavidGo to TOOL/Options/OPTION FLAGS/General Greek Options/ now check the first item: Show entries from all Greek Lexicons in auto-info window.

To select which of the lexicons appears first in the window:

1. Right click inside the A-I window
2. Select Default Auto-Info Greek Lexicon
3. Select a lexicon.

That lexicon will appear first and all the rest will follow. I don't believe you can alter the order of the remaining ones, but I'm not sure.