PDA

View Full Version : Differences in English Bible versions

Y2K2
09-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Greetings,

Yesterday I listened to a very lengthy and very disturbing audio message at
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=8150514459

I use the King James Version because it is the closest English translation to our Statenvertaling.

I do not yet have the knowledge of English Bible translations or their underlying Greek manusripts to know if what this message is saying is true or not.

Roundtree.

Joe Fleener
09-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Roundtree,

Greetings. If you are unfamiliar with English Bible versions then I am sure are not aware that you just asked a question that will lead to one of the most (if not the most) controversial subjects related to biblical Christianity in the English speaking world! (Some may say I am exaggerating a bit, but live in the world I grew up and in and you may not.)

I would suggest two things.

Check into the sources of the audio file you listened to. Who are the speakers? What are their presuppositions? As much as you are able to determine.
Secondly, I would highly recommend any real discussion or interaction on this take place via email and not via the forum. (I is part of the non-Bibleworks discussion, so it is not a problem to discuss it here, but I am not sure how profitable it will be to the majority of BW users.) Maybe I am wrong, just my thought.
To anyone who chooses to discuss this subject here. Remember to keep the discussion honoring to others and our Lord.