PDA

View Full Version : Diagramming Module

Todd
09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Could someone explain to me how this tool works?
Does the user have to do the diagramming or do you just insert a passage and the program does the diagramming?
Keep in mind that I am a novice who is thinking about upgrading to get this module.

Joe Fleener
09-26-2005, 02:06 PM
The tool does not diagram the passage for you.

It is simply a tool that allows you to diagram a passage and save it for future reference.

It is actually more than that, but that would be its basic function.

You can "pull in" a passage and use traditional diagramming widgets to make a sentence/grammatical diagram or you can use some of the non-traditional widgets to diagram via other methods (i.e. block diagram, discourse analysis, etc.)

dbielby
10-08-2005, 10:34 PM
It's one of my favorite features of BW 6.0 and one key reason I upgraded...along with the flashcard module. Both facilitate basic exegesis steps laid out in books like Fee's NT Exegesis.

What you do is just load the verses onto the diagramming canvas. Then you drag in symbols and drag the words onto the symbols. It's not hard to do at all...took me maybe twenty minutes to figure it out...and there's a tutorial video that's clearly presented that shows how to get started. I've not worked with it outside of Greek...but I'm sure it is the same for other languages. Easy to do.

I think you will like it if you plan on doing diagramming.

Could someone explain to me how this tool works?
Does the user have to do the diagramming or do you just insert a passage and the program does the diagramming?
Keep in mind that I am a novice who is thinking about upgrading to get this module.