PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Windows

Howard Flynn
04-08-2004, 03:49 PM
When I open the parallel versions window select and color filter my text, I then want to copy it to my editor. So I push the copy icon but what happens is that the copy center copies the results window texts rather than the parallel window results. How can I copy ONLY what is in the parallel results window, along with color filtering?

Howard Flynn

Mark Langley
04-09-2004, 01:04 AM
When I open the parallel versions window select and color filter my text, I then want to copy it to my editor. So I push the copy icon but what happens is that the copy center copies the results window texts rather than the parallel window results. How can I copy ONLY what is in the parallel results window, along with color filtering?

Howard FlynnHi Howard,

What window are you seeing the copy icon - not in the parallel window is it?

Thanks.

Howard Flynn
04-15-2004, 02:02 PM
You are right. The copy command is NOT in the parallel version window. I wish they could fix it where we could copy the parallel results to the editor. For us pastors it would be a real help.

Howard Flynn

Mark Langley
04-15-2004, 02:40 PM
You are right. The copy command is NOT in the parallel version window. I wish they could fix it where we could copy the parallel results to the editor. For us pastors it would be a real help.

Howard Flynn
Hi Howard,

Yes, I agree, it would be extremely helpful to be able to copy from parallel window either to editor or to a word processor. But would that bring up a problem with pasting some how into columns?

Thanks.

Howard Flynn
04-20-2004, 12:59 AM
It could be. I don't know. However, it is frustration to work in parallel windows and get what you want and then have to go to the main window and recreate what you have done in parallel windows. I don't know about you, but anything that will save time in sermon preparation would be a great asset.

Howard Flynn
Long Beach SDA
Good News Report

Philip Brown
04-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Hi, Howard,

Could you give an example of "getting what you want" in a PW and then "recreating it in the Results Window"?

Mark Langley is right that you can't export parallel columns, but you certainly can export the text from the PWs. In fact if you create a word document with table containing as many cells as you have PWs, you can copy & paste from each PW into your table and recreate very quickly what you were looking at in BW.