PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)

MBushell
04-07-2004, 04:24 PM
PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
Date: 04/07/04 at 15:23:41
Title: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)
Description:
Finally (I hope) fixes Mark's crash bug in the auto-info hyperlinks.
Instructions:
To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the file you must enter the word "preview" in the Updater Access Code Dialog, accessed from the Options Menu.
If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
books_sbl.bna | [init]
bw600.exe | [program]
bw600.map | [program]
bwgrkl.ttf | [program]
default.dwd | [init]
shellexec.txt | [init]

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Hi Mike,

It looks like it solved my crash problem. I have clicked over 100 times and no crashes! :)

Thanks, Mike

Joe Fleener
04-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi Mike,

With 9b. I was actually still getting the above error message when I click on links in NET notes. It was changing my search version to CDL (A userdb) which does not contain any bible references.

I had loaded three userdbs of Creeds in English, Latin and German. I deleted the CDL database and the next time I click on a NET link my search version was changed to one of the other Creeds userdbs. This happened for all three.

Once I deleted all three, the links in the NET notes work fine, although it does change my search version to ESV.

At least now they work. Still not sure why those userdbs being there caused this to happen.

Thanks,

jdarlack
04-07-2004, 11:57 PM
I am running t he next to latest patch and whenever I look up a Greek word in the Liddel-Scott that is not covered in the lexicon, diatesseron, for example, the lexicon, along with all of Bibleworks, freezes.

~Jim

Adelphos
04-09-2004, 11:52 AM
6.0.009b is not showing when I go to web updates. My current version is 6.0.008s.

scott
http://www.lamblion.net

Mark Langley
04-09-2004, 12:13 PM
6.0.009b is not showing when I go to web updates. My current version is 6.0.008s.

scott
http://www.lamblion.net (http://www.lamblion.net/)Hi Scott,

On the main BW window go to:

Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates|Options|Enter Access
Help|code(s).

You need to have the word "preview" for the access code.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Adelphos
04-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Thanks Mark. That did the trick.

Roy Ciampa
04-10-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm using 9b and find that it frequently crashes when I'm writing in the verse notes feature, especially when it comes time to wrap to the next line.

Mark Langley
04-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm using 9b and find that it frequently crashes when I'm writing in the verse notes feature, especially when it comes time to wrap to the next line.
Hi Roy,

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing.

MBushell
04-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Mark and Roy,

Can you give me any more information? I am unable to reproduce the problem. Was it at the end of a long note? If possible can you send me the note as it was just before crashing, and then the keystrokes that caused the crash?

Mike

Mark Langley
04-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi Mark and Roy,

Can you give me any more information? I am unable to reproduce the problem. Was it at the end of a long note? If possible can you send me the note as it was just before crashing, and then the keystrokes that caused the crash?

Mike
Hi Mike,

I was just hitting keystrokes trying to reproduce the problem. After a bit I held down one key and after a few wraps it crashed.

Also it happens when I paste some text (just a few lines) from the AI window and begin to type.

Roy Ciampa
04-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I cannot predict when it will happen. Next time it does I will send you the info you mention. It happens every several minutes as I work for extended time writing notes. I have developed the habit of exiting a note and returning to it to make sure the present contents are saved. I can say that it has happened early on in a short note (even wrapping to the second line), but I am working with verse (rather than) chapter notes, and if it makes any difference, some of the notes I have on surrounding verses are quite long. Also, I'm often working on the notes from the synopsis tool. Even when I'm not in the synopsis tool, in my case, that tool is usually, if not always open when I have the crash problem.

cbales
11-02-2004, 06:45 PM
It seems that since my last update (6.0.01b) that I've noticed this. Crashes happen randomly. I use notes on each verse rather than on the chapter. I type along in the note and it will randomly crash -- sometimes after a word or two, or (worse), sometimes after several lines. I've learned to start saving every few words by going up a verse, then back to the one I'm working on. This is really frustrating! :(

arggem
11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
It seems that since my last update (6.0.01b) that I've noticed this. Hi cbales and welcome to the BW forum!

From your version number, it looks like it has been some time since you updated (is that a typo or is your version really 1b?) BW 6 is now at 6.0.11j . My first suggestion is that you update to the newest version and see if that doesn't help. If not, feel free to write post again, or write Charle at support directly (support@bibleworks.com (support@bibleworks.com)).

job14_14
11-05-2004, 02:16 AM
My notes crash also on a random and unexpected basis. Although I tried the suggesstions given earlier by BW tech support I have had no success. I am also running the lastest patch. Here, however, is a better solution for you: instead of changing verses to save your note, try Ctrl+S frequently while writing notes. Those combo keys might be more efficient for you rather than changing verses.

It seems that since my last update (6.0.01b) that I've noticed this. Crashes happen randomly. I use notes on each verse rather than on the chapter. I type along in the note and it will randomly crash -- sometimes after a word or two, or (worse), sometimes after several lines. I've learned to start saving every few words by going up a verse, then back to the one I'm working on. This is really frustrating! :(